Friday, May 4, 2012

So Much To Blog About and So Little Time

Too many things:

1) I went to see a production this evening called Crown of Shadows: The Wake of Odysseus at the Round House Theatre in Bethesda, MD. It was rather lame despite the epic sounding title.

2) I got the internship at South Coast Repertory! I have a job lined up! Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing this summer...

3) A certain someone just came back from Japan so I'm happy that he's back in California again where it's so much easier to determine the time difference.

4) Thursday night I saw The Big Meal at The Studio Theatre and it was amazing. It brought me to tears.

5) The Congresswomen which I am stage managing is coming along slowly. I'm running into interesting challenges and I got to work with plexiglass, plywood, and contact cement earlier today. Safety goggles, respirator face masks, and the whole nine yards. We made the whole 3rd floor smell like paint fumes. The people in their offices must have loved us.

6) Later today (May 5th) I'm seeing a production called Hamlecchino at Gallaudet University. It's being produced by a company which specializes in physical theatre and commedia dell'arte. An afternoon of drama, italian, and ASL? I think so.

7) I'm doing the networking thing. I had coffee with an alumni from Berkeley last week and we're talking about meeting up again for a Happy Hour social with some friends who work at The Kennedy Center.

8) I'm seeing The Taming of the Shrew on Sunday. One of my professors is in it.

Did I mention that every show I go to is free? I'd elaborate on how awesome this is in more detail except that it's 3am and I've got stuff planned for tomorrow. Today.

Oh yeah and I'm also graduating. It's going to be a huge deal and I'm trying to help plan a celebratory party for the occasion. While doing the school thing and make an itinerary for when my mother flies over to visit DC later in June.

1 comment: