Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Commuting to Work Today

I ended up oversleeping a little and I didn't leave the UC Washington Center until 9:55. I called in ahead of time to let the receptionist know that I would be a couple minutes late and to pass the message along to my boss. I got in this morning at 10:02 and my supervisor showed up about 10 or 15 minutes later. I noticed that more people than usual were coming into the office late. Apparently 14th street was shut down and city officials were blocking it off completely, even from pedestrians. This is fairly problematic considering that the Studio Theatre is on 14th street just below the road blockage. I was relieved to know that no one noticed my two-minute tardiness. The increased traffic over the unannounced street closure created quite a bit of drama in the office. Why? ...

...because Obama felt like eating a sandwich.

I wish that I was joking. But they closed the entire street down and wouldn't let people cross on foot to the nearby Starbucks because Mr. President wanted to buy a sandwich. In his defense that particular sandwich shop is exquisite. They use very fancy ingredients and the food is deliciously expensive. I ate there for the first time last week.

http://www.taylorgourmet.com/

Check out what the Washington Post had to say about it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/this-presidents-day-eat-like-the-obamas/2012/02/10/gIQAVJHCGR_gallery.html#photo=1

No comments:

Post a Comment