Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Interviewing SCR pt. 2

I think my phone interview went pretty well last Friday. The Production Stage Manager didn't ask me any funky questions that I didn't know how to answer. He wanted to know what I was doing in DC, my strengths/weaknesses, how I got into stage management, my "management style", and my biggest pet peeve. I thought the most interesting question was "Assuming that you get the year-long stage management internship here at South Coast Repertory what will you do afterwards?"... well... June 2013 is a long ways off for me and I haven't gotten that far in my planning. So I gave him the first backup plan I could think of and said I'd get a job on a cruise ship and sail the world. Surely my resume screams that I like traveling, what with seven months in Italy and DC and such. I suppose cruise ship is a half-step better than saying "I'll run away and join the circus" but I suppose it's still in the same school of thought.

At the very end he told me that he personally knows one of the people that wrote me a letter of recommendation. He told me to tell this person that he said hi and he wanted to let me know that this person gave him his Actors Equity card back in the 90's. Small world. I think I'd like to have one of those someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment